Learn to Improve the Lives of Others
With a B.A. or M.A. in Family Science, you can pursue interdisciplinary careers entirely online in education, public health, social services, children/youth development, and more. You’ll be able to help families and individuals overcome challenges and grow. Concordia’s family science degrees online provide the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) credential from the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR), if desired. Non-certified tracks are also available.
CSP’s B.A. in Psychology provides a nuanced understanding of how biological, environmental, psychological, and other factors influence human development and behavior. As well as ample elective credits to customize your degree, field experience in the psychology degree gives you valuable hands-on skills.
Your social sciences major from CSP fosters the communication skills, empathy, problem-solving, and organizational skills you need for success. Our online social science degrees feature 7-week accelerated coursework, plentiful transfer credit options, and multiple start dates per year.
Recognition for CSP’s Online Social Science Degrees
- Ranked #16 in Best Colleges in Minnesota by Salary Potential, according to the College Salary Report by PayScale.
- Earn 44% more than the national average as a CSP graduate, according to collegescorecard.ed.gov.
- 95% of CSP grads receive job offers within one year of graduation, according to the First Destinations survey administered by CSP.
- Concordia’s family science degrees online provides the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) credential from the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR), if desired.
- Family science courses are approved by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR).
Request More Information
By filling out the form, you’ll:
- Gain access to a dedicated enrollment counselor who is ready to answer all of your questions.
- Take one more step towards achieving your career goals.
Fill out the form to receive more information!
Online Social Science Programs
Gain a deeper understanding of human thought, behavior, and family interaction with social science degrees from Concordia University, St. Paul.
Career Outlook: Support Diverse Populations
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, careers in community and social services are projected to grow 11 percent from 2018 to 2028, much faster than the average for all occupations.¹
With your social science degree online from CSP, you could become a social worker, social and human services assistant, or pursue a career in counseling, teaching, psychiatry, or public services administration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to common questions:
Yes, you can transfer up to 90 credit hours from a regionally accredited institution toward this degree program. Our Transfer Specialists will guide you through the process.
Yes, you can transfer up to 50 percent of the program’s credit hours from a regionally accredited institution toward this degree program. Our Transfer Specialists will guide you through the process.
The M.A. in Family Science includes 36 credit hours.
The B.A. in Family Science includes 43 credit hours plus general education requirements.
No, this degree program does not follow a cohort model.
This program is offered fully online from Concordia University, St. Paul.
- Community and Social Service Occupations. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. 10 April 2020. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/home.htm. Retrieved 20 May 2020.