Specialize in Strength and Conditioning to Maximize Athletic Performance
Flexible Online Courses
Prepare for In-Demand Certifications
- Build kinesiology expertise for leading the design of training programs
- Prepare to lead strength coaching at the high school, collegiate, or professional level
- Stand out for top-tier personal trainer roles at fitness and recreation centers
- Make valuable connections through CSP’s Career Development Center
CSP Global’s online M.S. in Strength and Conditioning program prepares you to prescribe and implement performance improvement programs throughout the sports and fitness fields. The courses align with NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and NASM Performance Enhancement Specialization exams and other certification options from ISSA, CSCCa, and NCFS.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Top 10% of Salaries for Strength and Conditioning Careers
Sports Performance Coach $61,672 per year1
Personal Fitness Trainer $75,940 per year2
Strength and Conditioning Coach $64,000 per year3
Acquire Credentials for Strength and Conditioning Roles
Athletes prioritize building their strength, and with good reason — studies show that adding muscle leads to higher performance and lessens the chance of injury.4 With CSP Global’s online Master of Science in Strength and Conditioning program, you can learn to design programs for training and motivating athletes to improve their physical performance. Our master’s program also delivers risk management skills for protecting the safety of clients and employees in multiple exercise and workplace settings.
- Employers are projected to hire more than 65,000 fitness trainers and instructors per year from 2021 to 2031.2
- Coach and scout employment is projected to grow by 20% from 2021 to 2031.5
- Estimates show the wellness market is valued at $1.5 trillion globally, pointing to rising demand for fitness professionals.6
Program Outcomes and Skills Acquired
What You’ll Learn
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of human physiology, nutrition, functional anatomy, and biomechanics related to exercise programming.
- Execute health and fitness assessments for diverse populations with modifications appropriate to individual needs.
- Design and implement safe and effective strength and conditioning programs for various populations, including athletes and individuals with special considerations.
- Apply motivational and effective communication strategies as a leader within professional industry interactions.
- Critically evaluate, create, and advance new trends and issues as a leader in the industry.
- Apply ethical standards in collaborative decisions in performance environments while maintaining employee and client safety through risk management.
Skills You’ll Gain
- Exercise programming
- Strength and conditioning program design
- Health and fitness assessment
- Fitness trend analysis
- Kinesiology research
- Client risk management
Support Beyond Your Graduation Date
In addition to the high-quality education you’ll receive at CSP Global, you’ll benefit from a wide range of support during your time as a student that will extend throughout your professional journey as an alumnus. That’s part of how 94.5% of CSP Global graduates receive job offers within one year of graduation.
- Salary.com. “Sports Performance Coach.” Retrieved May 2, 2023, from https://www.salary.com/tools/salary-calculator/sports-performance-coach.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Fitness Trainers and Instructors.” Retrieved May 2, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/personal-care-and-service/fitness-trainers-and-instructors.htm.
- Payscale. “Average Strength and Conditioning Coach Salary.” Retrieved May 2, 2023, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Strength_and_Conditioning_Coach/Salary.
- National Library of Medicine. National Center for Biotechnology Information. “The Importance of Muscular Strength in Athletic Performance.” Retrieved May 4, 2023, from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26838985/.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Coaches and Scouts.” Retrieved May 2, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/entertainment-and-sports/coaches-and-scouts.htm.
- McKinsey & Company. “Feeling good: The future of the $1.5 trillion wellness market.” Retrieved May 2, 2023, from https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/consumer-packaged-goods/our-insights/feeling-good-the-future-of-the-1-5-trillion-wellness-market.