Skip to content

Military Services for CSP Global Students

Helping Those Who Serve Our Country

Yellow Ribbon

Military Friendly School — Bronze-Level

Concordia University, St. Paul is joining forces with active-duty, guard and reserve service members, veterans, and their families to turn out leaders dedicated to excellence in all they do. We provide a flexible, career-ready education and are committed to initiatives that keep college affordable while we support you through the unique challenges of returning to school.

  • One-on-one support to identify and use all military education benefits at CSP Global
  • Direct support in the paperwork process for financial aid
  • Transfer credits for military service
  • Special military tuition rate for current Active-Duty, National Guard & Reserve Component Service Members, and current Military spouses

Graduate Ready to Move Forward in Your Career

  • 94.5% of our students receive job offers within one year of graduation1
  • CSP Global graduates earn 44% more than the national average2
  • #19 in Best Colleges in Minnesota by Salary Potential3
  • #3 in Best Four-Year Colleges for Adult Learners4

Learn More Today

Fill out the form to receive more information!

Use Your Military Education Benefits

Yellow Ribbon

GI Bill®

Get personal support so you can make the most of your education benefits — we’re committed to making your out-of-pocket expenses as low as possible.

*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Government-Based Education Assistance

Veterans and active-duty, guard, and reserve service members, as well as their spouses and dependents, can use a variety of GI Bills to help fund their education.

You can compare benefits easily by using the GI Bill Comparison Tool and viewing current payment rates.

Forever GI Bill®

The Forever GI Bill® expands the eligibility for and the amount of education benefits provided in the Post-9/11 GI Bill® as well as the length of time veterans have to use them. See Full Details >>

Post-9/11 GI Bill®

Get help with tuition and fees, money for housing, books, and supplies. If you’ve served on active duty after September 10, 2001, you may qualify for the Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33).

If you’re a member of the Reserves who lost education benefits when the Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) ended in November 2015, you may qualify to receive restored benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

See Full Details >>

Montgomery GI Bill® — Active Duty

If you have served at least two years on active duty, the Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (MGIB-AD) can help you pay for up to 36 months of education benefits. You must meet eligibility requirements in one of four categories. See Full Details >>

Montgomery GI Bill® — Selected Reserve

The Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) program offers up to 36 months of education and training benefits for members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard Reserve, Army National Guard, or Air National Guard. If your obligation started after June 30, 1985, or for some types of training, after September 30, 1990, you may be eligible for this benefit. See Full Details >>

Veterans’ Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)

VEAP is a $2-to-$1 government-match program for educational assistance. If you entered the service for the first time between January 1, 1977, and June 30, 1985, and put money into your VEAP account before April 1, 1987, you may be able to continue your education by using part of your military pay to help cover the cost of school. See Full Details >>

Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E; Chapter 31)

Formerly referred to as Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, this program helps you explore employment options and addresses training needs. In some cases, your family members may also qualify for certain benefits. See Full Details >>

Designed by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, this program aims for the VA and degree-granting institutions to pay the difference between what is covered by GI Bill® benefits and the total cost of the program. The Yellow Ribbon Scholarship is automatically applied if your tuition costs exceed the maximum state cap for tuition reimbursement and if you are qualified for the Post 9/11 GI Bill® at the 100% rate. It does not apply for active-duty personnel, their spouses, or veterans receiving less than 100% of the benefit.

Our contribution to the Yellow Ribbon program is the full 50% allowed, so it will pay the remaining tuition that Post-9/11 GI Bill doesn’t cover.

See Full Details >>

DoD Tuition Assistance (DoD TA)

Active military students may be eligible to use DoD TA to cover tuition expenses up to $250 per credit hour if they’re eligible.

Visit your service branch for more information:

Minnesota GI Bill®

The Minnesota GI Bill program provides assistance to eligible Minnesota veterans, active-duty military, guard and reserve members who served after September 11, 2001, eligible spouses, and children. The program provides a maximum benefit of $10,000 and is administered through CSP Global’s Financial Aid Office, not the VA. If you are eligible and complete the application, payment will be sent directly to your financial aid account. See Full Details >>

Minnesota GI Bill®

The Minnesota GI Bill program provides assistance to eligible Minnesota veterans, active-duty military, guard and reserve members who served after September 11, 2001, eligible spouses, and children. The program provides a maximum benefit of $10,000 and is administered through CSP Global’s Financial Aid Office, not the VA. If you are eligible and complete the application, payment will be sent directly to your financial aid account. See Full Details >>

Post-9/11 GI Bill® Benefits

If you’re a qualified service member, you can transfer all 36 months or a portion of your Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to a spouse or child. The DoD approves a transfer of benefits. Learn about transferring Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits

Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA)

If you’re the child or spouse of a veteran or service member who has died, is captured or missing, or has a disability, you may be able to receive between 36 and 45 months of benefits to pay for school or job training through the DEA program — also called Chapter 35. See Full Details >>

Get Dedicated Military Support

One-to-One Support

Get Connected to Resources

At CSP Global, we take our student-centered approach a step further for our military-affiliated students. You’ll find military-friendly policies and a wealth of personal support from real people at every step in your academic journey.

We’re so thankful for your service and are happy to have the opportunity to serve you.

Staff in the Veterans Resource Center are here to serve active-duty service members, veterans, and their spouses. They’ll help you begin the admissions process and identify and obtain benefits, scholarships, and financial aid. They’ll act as your advocate if you get deployed or have a change in status that means you can’t continue coursework while enrolled.

They can also help you:

  • Find the Degree Program That Is Right for You

    CSP Global offers a broad range of online and traditional undergraduate and graduate degree programs. We’re here to help you determine which best aligns to your career goals.

  • Earn Military Credits

    Turn your years of service into college credits — you can transfer up to 90 ACE-approved credits from military service to your bachelor’s degree.

  • Identify and Obtain Benefits

    Schedule a meeting with an enrollment counselor at 855-641-2525.

If you can’t complete a course due to a change in assignment or if you are called to active duty, you have three options.

  1. Drop the course without record. The course will not appear on your transcript and all tuition and fees associated with the course will be refunded. You can re-register for the course at any time without penalty.
  2. If in the opinion of the faculty member teaching the course, you’ve completed sufficient work and demonstrated sufficient progress toward meeting course requirements, you could receive a grade and full credit for the course.
  3. You may take an “incomplete” grade and have 90 days to complete the coursework upon being released from active duty.

Any refunds of tuition, room, board, and fees are subject to the requirements of the state or federal financial aid programs of origination (in accordance with Minnesota Statutes 192.502 Protections).

Save Time and Money


Transfer Credits

To help save you time and money earning your degree, CSP Global accepts transfer credits for military service, offers a reduced tuition rate and a military scholarship, and works to connect you to other scholarship opportunities.

CSP offers a special military tuition rate for Active-Duty, National Guard and Reserve Component Service Members, and current Military spouses of these members. Tuition for the adult undergraduate degree programs are $250 per credit and graduate degree programs are $350 per credit. Service members using this discount are not eligible for the Military Service Scholarship. Proof of status is required.

We offer up to a $2,000 ($500/term) military service scholarship for veterans, military service members and spouses who do not receive the discounted tuition rate, Yellow Ribbon or Vocational Rehabilitation program benefits. You can apply the scholarship to adult undergraduate or graduate programs. A copy of a DD214 or military ID can be used for proof of service.

CSP Global allows you to apply up to 90 ACE-approved military credits toward your bachelor’s degree. Additional credits may be earned by transferring credits from other institutions, and through CLEP, DANTES, or a civilian work experience portfolio.

Request Your Military Transcripts Using the Links Below

Scholarship Opportunities

Below is a curated list of scholarships and scholarship search sites that apply to active military, veterans, and their family members. The list is not meant to be all-encompassing and you should seek additional sources as you’re able.

Airborne Scholarship Association (ASA)

The ASA offers three scholarship programs to active duty, veterans, and dependent family members. See Full Details >>

Minnesota Department of Veteran Affairs

The Minnesota Department of Veteran Affairs has a list of more than 50 state-based and national military scholarships available to veterans, active military, or their dependents or spouses. You can learn more about the scholarships, their eligibility requirements, and award amounts here.

Active-duty military, veterans, and their families can find scholarship opportunities with the following organizations.

Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA)

Paralyzed Veterans of America is proud to offer funds to PVA members and their immediate family members through our Educational Scholarship Program. You need to be a PVA member, the spouse of a member, or an unmarried, dependant child to be eligible. See Details and Application >>

Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)

The VFW’s “Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship” provides active military and veterans with the financial assistance they need to complete their educational goals with a scholarship award of up to $5,000. See Details and Application >>

There are a number of federally based scholarship programs designed to meet the needs of the spouses and families of veterans. In addition to the list here, please also review the additional scholarship opportunities on this page.

Fry Scholarship

If you’re the child or surviving spouse of a service member who died in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001, or a member of the Selected Reserve who died from a service-connected disability on or after the same date, you may qualify for the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (Fry Scholarship) which grants you up to 36 months of benefits including money for tuition, housing, books, and supplies. Learn more about the Fry Scholarship

Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants

If you are a child of a U.S. military service member who died due to military service in Iraq or Afghanistan after 9/11, you may be eligible for this federal grant which awards between $5,983.34 and $6,495 depending upon your eligibility. See Full Details >>

Veterans United Foundation Scholarships

If you are a surviving spouse or child of a deceased service member from a service-related death or of a veteran with a 100% service-connected disability, you could be eligible for a $2,000 scholarship from the Veterans United Foundation. See Details and Application >>

We’ve made a good-faith effort to curate a shortlist of free, external scholarship search sites.* Many times, simply searching on the “military” or “veterans” categories on these sites can bring up a list of additional resources.

U.S. Department of Labor

Search more than 7,500 scholarships, fellowships, grants, and other financial aid award opportunities with their free scholarship search tool.

An ad-free, open-access scholarship search engine that does not require registration. They list more than 20,00 award programs offering more than $85 million in funding. Search now.


Unigo offers a number of ways to search for a scholarship and facilitates matching your profile to scholarship opportunities. If you’re not ready to set up a profile, you can still search through thousands of scholarships using their category filters. Search their categories now.


An independent education organization, UniversityHQ provides students with the necessary resources to prepare and plan their career path in their chosen field. You can search for scholarships, financial aid, grants, and loans here.

*Please note that these are not our sites, and we are not responsible for the content on them. We do not represent or warrant that information contained on the linked pages is complete or accurate and always suggest you verify the information before you act upon it. You can use the Federal Trade Commission’s Scams page to educate and protect yourself and your family.

Additional Military Resources

Find quick connection points to the military resources you are most likely to need.

Veterans Administration

Familiarize yourself with the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. Find a VA location, learn more about benefits and health care, and access your records.

Quick Links:

More Links of Interest

The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.

Online, Military-Friendly Degree Options

Career-ready undergraduate and graduate programs are taught by faculty members who have a wealth of experience in their field. They’ll help you achieve your career goals through quality education and support.

Which Program is Right for You?

View Programs

Use Our Net Price Calculator

Try It Now >>

Frequently Asked Questions

Are you interested in one of CSP Global’s programs? Get answers to the most frequently asked questions about time to completion, accreditation, tuition and fees, admissions, and more. If applicable, you can also learn more about licensure, concentrations, or specializations offered in the program. Get more information about any online program or contact an enrollment counselor at (855) 641-2525 with further questions.


To check if you are eligible to receive benefits, please visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. At the bottom of the main page you will click on either service member benefits or family member benefits.

You can apply for grants, scholarships, and federal financial aid. See the Save Time & Money tab above for the many options available.

Yes, if you provide documentation that you are eligible for the benefit, and that you have applied. However, only the Department of Veteran Affairs can determine eligibility for VA benefits. We are only estimating what they will pay. You will be responsible for any amount of your debt VA has determined they will not pay for. If you are unsure, wait until your COE is mailed to you.

Yes, you can. We are required to report the net tuition cost to the VA after applying grants, scholarships, discounts, etc. that apply to tuition. The balance is what VA will pay under chapter 33.

No. You will not receive a W-2 from the VA and benefits paid under any law administered by VA should not be reported as income to the IRS.

Go to the VA’s education application page and follow their instructions.

You don’t. The Yellow Ribbon is part of the Post 9/11 GI Bill® and is automatically applied if your tuition costs exceed the maximum state cap for tuition reimbursement and if you are qualified for the Post 9/11 GI Bill® at the 100% rate.

If you are a veteran, use the Find a Form link, search and complete VA Form 22-1990, Application for VA Education Benefits. You will be mailed a COE in approximately eight weeks.

To access your Certificate of Eligibility (COE), please sign in to your account. Once you log in to your account, you can make this request. You will only be able to view the benefit if you were awarded educational benefits.

Request and provide an official copy of your JST or CCAF transcript during the admissions process along with your prior college transcripts and high school transcripts so they can be evaluated.

You can order your transcripts using the appropriate military branch link below. Please note that you will likely be prompted to manually accept the DoD’s security certificates.

Please contact an enrollment counselor at 855-641-2525.

You can also visit

It is possible. If you’re authorized to use more than one GI Bill® benefit you’re allowed to use up to 48 months of benefits, but one at a time. If you have used up your entire chapter 30 and have never used a different chapter (31, 32, 34, 35, 1606, or 1607) you could be eligible for an additional 12 months if you have not reached your delimiting date.


  1. First Destinations survey administered by Concordia University, St. Paul
  3. College Salary Report by PayScale
  4. Washington Monthly