A Future in Health Services and Criminal Justice
- Employment in community and social service occupations is projected to increase 12% by 2029.1
- The median annual wage for community and social service occupations is $39,810/year.
A certificate in forensic behavioral health allows you to pursue jobs at the intersection of criminal justice and human services. You’ll develop industry knowledge to help children, adolescents, and adults receive the support they need to overcome various challenges. Ultimately, you’ll be an asset to others in one of many possible environments.
Probation Officer or Correctional Treatment Specialist
Help rehabilitate law offenders. In one of these roles, you’ll interview offenders and their friends and relatives to evaluate progress, provide drug testing and counseling, and help offenders with job training and other needs.2
Juvenile Justice Specialist
Guide youth as they navigate the legal system. You’ll offer basic counseling and support, create treatment plans, and help them get ready for court dates.3
Other positions you could qualify for with your forensic behavioral health certificate:
- Child welfare and protection worker
- Children’s therapeutic support service worker
- Correctional caseworker
- Crisis intervention specialist
- Detoxification specialist
- Psychiatric rehabilitation specialist
Request More Information
By filling out the form, you’ll:
- Gain access to a dedicated enrollment counselor who is ready to answer all of your questions.
- Take one more step towards achieving your career goals.
Fill out the form to receive more information!
Program Outcomes: A Strong Foundation In Human Services and Criminal Justice
In the forensic behavioral health certificate program, you’ll:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the historical overview and role of human service professionals delivering services across diverse settings.
- Understand interventions and evidence-based assessment, prevention techniques, and common community-based resources.
- Use enhanced communication skills, problem-solving strategies, advocacy, and credible courtroom testimony skills, as well as ethical and legal practices that human service professionals need to follow when working within the forensic behavioral health system.
We’re Committed to Your Success
In the 2021 SkillSurvey Career Readiness® rankings, CSP Global was ranked in the Top 10 “Career Ready” Institutions and Top 10 “Career Ready” Feedback for First-Generation College Students. The SkillSurvey rankings reflect over 170 partner institutions whose students received evaluator ratings following an internship, co-op, or other work-related experience.
Support Beyond Your Graduation Date
In addition to the high-quality education you’ll receive at CSP Global, you’ll benefit from a wide range of support during your time as a student that will extend throughout your professional journey as an alumnus. That’s part of how 94.5% of CSP Global graduates receive job offers within one year of graduation.