- Duration As few as 2.5 years
- Cost per Credit $420
- Credit Hours 120
Top-Ranked Program Built for the Busy Professional
Through CSP Global’s flexible, online format, you will learn to work with infants, toddlers, and preschool-age children outside of the classroom setting with a focus on ethics, play, language, and growth. Complete a career-connected curriculum that’s CAEP-accredited and meets the standards of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Gain hands-on, experiential learning through fieldwork in a licensed child care facility and graduate qualified for jobs in child development.
The B.A. in Child Development provides a liberal arts perspective through the general education core, plus 42 credit hours in the child development degree program. Through synchronous coursework you’ll study a career-connected curriculum that explores concepts in growth, development, literacy acquisition, ethics, and the education of children with special needs. The required field experience will reinforce what you’ve learned while building your leadership skills.Curriculum
- Articulate the theories in the field of early education that support best practices.
- Define developmentally appropriate practices.
- Articulate the role of families as the primary teachers, caregivers, and models in the lives of young children.
- Create inclusive and effective learning environments for young children.
- Develop a framework for making ethical decisions as an early childhood professional.
To apply for the B.A. in Child Development from Concordia University, St. Paul, you’ll need:
- Completed online application
- Submit official transcripts from your previous regionally accredited institution(s) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 based on a 4.0 system.
- If you have attended a MNSCU college or university we also ask that you provide an official accompanying DARS or MnTC goal area worksheet. CSP Global accepts completed goal areas.
- Transfer students with fewer than 20 college credits completed will also need to submit an official high school transcript.
- Additional Requirements
- Access to a computer that meets CSP Global’s technology requirements.
- Students who do not meet initial admissions criteria may be asked to complete the academic success essay and/or provide additional documentation.
CSP Global is proud to be the most affordable private college in the Twin Cities. The online bachelor’s degree in child development costs $420 per credit hour. You can transfer a maximum 90 credit hours to reduce your total tuition to $12,600. Convenient payment options and $2,000 partnership scholarships are also available to make your education even more affordable.
At CSP Global, you’ll have support from industry-experienced faculty who will offer guidance and answer your questions throughout your online bachelor’s in childhood development degree program. It’s yet another way the online format mimics the experience of studying on campus.
With over 25 years of experience and more than 40 online programs, CSP Global is a pioneer in online education. As part of our diverse online community, you’ll receive a liberal arts education guided by Lutheran principles. The career-connected curricula, flexible learning options, and alumni connections available at CSP Global mean you’ll graduate ready for success. We are committed to delivering affordable online programs with the same quality as our on-campus learning.Online Experience
At CSP Global, you can earn a private college education at a price you can afford. In addition to financing your education with federal student aid and private loans, you will be eligible for a tuition discount offered to online students (this limits eligibility for institutional scholarships). Transfer students could receive $2,000 or more through transfer partnerships and transfer student awards. CSP Global is also a Military Friendly® institution. An enrollment counselor can help you apply for financial aid.Tuition & Aid
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you interested in one of CSP Global’s programs? Get answers to the most frequently asked questions about time to completion, accreditation, tuition and fees, admissions, and more. If applicable, you can also learn more about licensure, concentrations, or specializations offered in the program. Get more information about any online program or contact an enrollment counselor at (855) 641-2525 with further questions.
Without transfer credits, completing 120 credit hours at $420 per credit hour totals $50,400. However, with the maximum amount of transfer credits (90), your total tuition could be as low as $12,600 before scholarships and financial aid.
No, this is not a licensure program, so it cannot be used to teach any K-12 tracks.
Transfer credits must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 based on a 4.0 system.
CSP Global’s programs are all accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our Child Development Program is also approved by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the curriculum is peer-reviewed by NAEYC every five years.
In short, you must complete the online application, and submit official transcripts. See the Admissions Requirements page for more information.