Manage risk and develop policies with a cybersecurity degree online
Prep for CISM Certification
Enter In-Demand Roles
Wages Up to $100,000
Help Companies Protect Systems
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
A cybersecurity degree to prep for your CISM exam
You have a goal to advance in your current role or enter an upper-level information security position. With a cybersecurity degree online at CSP, you’ll incorporate forward-thinking methodologies like Agile with knowledge needed to pass the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) exam, the predominant certification in the tech space.
A cyber security degree teaches you to employ strategies to protect corporations from threats, vulnerabilities and attacks plus have contingency plans in place to mitigate and recover from incidents when they occur.
CSP has a 95% job placement rate within one year of graduating, and you have the opportunity to connect with alumni in the industry through our Mentor Collective.
The M.S. in Cyber Security is 30 credit hours. As Digital Transformation makes headway, more possible vulnerabilities and attack vectors exist providing opportunities for bad actors to leverage for nefarious reasons. For this reason you will study business strategy, ethics in IT, risk management, malware and intrusion analysis, IT project management, research in IT, and managing a secure enterprise.Curriculum
- Develop an understanding of business strategy looking through the filter of a Cyber Security Leader.
- Prepare students for participation in DevOps organization using Agile delivery practices to deliver new Cyber Security Technologies in a digitally transformed firm.
- Learn how companies manage risk across their organizations utilizing audit and compliance methods.
- Examine how companies use Identity and Access Management to protect the assets of their company.
- Examine how incident detection is coordinated, how they are analyzed and contained plus how incidents are mitigated and recovered.
- Understand how Malware and Intrusion Analysis is conducted and the use of Forensic investigations are done to determine attacks on the enterprise.
- Examine how all the Security Services work together for overall protection of an organization.
To apply for the M.S. in Cybersecurity from Concordia University, St. Paul, you’ll need:
- A completed online application.
- Submit official transcripts from a regionally accredited institution stating the conferral of a bachelor’s degree or higher with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 based on a 4.0 system.
- Access to a computer that meets CSP’s technology requirements.
Additionally, new students must meet our English Proficiency Requirements.Read More About Admissions Requirements
CSP’s online cybersecurity degree costs $625 per credit hour. The total cost of the program is $18,750. Convenient payment options and $2,000 partnership scholarships are also available to make your education even more affordable.
You’ll have support from expert faculty members at CSP, who will be there to answer your questions and guide you throughout your online cybersecurity degree. It’s yet another way that the online format mimics the experience of studying at campus. Hear from one of our faculty members, Randy Carlson ABD, CISM, PMP, in an interview about the Master of Science in Cybersecurity Program at Concordia University, St. Paul.
Online programs from Concordia University, St. Paul are designed for your busy lifestyle. You can study at your convenience while taking advantage of our asynchronous programs, designed for your busy lifestyle. With our flexible cohort framework, you’ll get to know your peers and faculty while engaging in unique assignments and activities. Explore the various ways that you will receive support through every stage of the online learning experience and discover tips about how to maximize your resources.Online Experience
In addition to financing your online education with federal student aid and private loans, CSP offers online students a tuition discount (this limits eligibility for institutional scholarships). Transfer students could receive $2,000 or more through transfer partnerships and transfer student awards. CSP is also a Military Friendly® institution. An enrollment counselor and tuition planner will help you apply for financial aid.Tuition & Aid
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you interested in one of Concordia’s online programs? Get answers to the most frequently asked questions about time to completion, accreditation, tuition and fees, admissions, and more. If applicable, you can also learn more about licensure, concentrations, or specializations offered in the program. Get more information about any online program or contact an enrollment counselor at (855) 641-2525 with further questions.
You can complete the MS in Cybersecurity in as few as 20 months.
The 30 credits cost $625 per credit hour, totaling $18,750. You can transfer up to 50% of equivalent coursework approved by the Chair of the MS in Cybersecurity program. If you transfer the maximum transfer credits (50%), your total tuition can get as low as $9,375 before scholarships and financial aid.
No GMAT/GRE is required for the MS in Cybersecurity.
No specific work experience is required, although security experience is recommended.
Yes, you can transfer up to 15 credits into the MS in Cybersecurity program.