B.A. in Family Science: Career Outlook
Become an Advocate for Families
- EMPLOYMENT IN COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL SERVICE OCCUPATIONS IS PROJECTED TO INCREASE 12% BY 2029.1
- THE AVERAGE SALARY FOR COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL SERVICE OCCUPATIONS IS $46,090/YEAR.1
A family science degree equips you with a unique set of knowledge and skills that is different from other social sciences. You’ll immediately be able to support families within social and human services, education, and policy, among other areas. And with certification or additional education, you can explore opportunities in counseling psychology, marriage and family therapy, social work, education administration, and public health.
Family Support worker
Family support workers are the contact between families and support organizations. They communicate with the family, learning about their situation and helping them find potential solutions. They are also in Family support workers are the contact between families and support organizations. They communicate with the family, learning about their situation and helping them find potential solutions. They are also in charge of following up with the family over a period of time to make sure that the problems are taken care of.2
Preschool or Childcare Center Director
Lead a childcare facility and its staff to support young children. You’ll manage the staff, oversee policies and educational programs, and keep track of budgets, facility maintenance, and more.3
With your family science degree online from CSP, you could also pursue a career in the following areas:
- Activity/recreation administration
- Case management
- Corporate daycares
- Crisis and hotline services
- Employee assistance programs
- Family and consumer science education
- Family financial counseling and planning
- Gerontology and long-term care
- Marriage and family enrichment
- Parent education
- Public health programs
- Youth development programs
Request More Information
By filling out the form, you’ll:
- Gain access to a dedicated enrollment counselor who is ready to answer all of your questions.
- Take one more step towards achieving your career goals.
Fill out the form to receive more information!
Program Outcomes: Promote Healthy Families
In the family science degree online program, you’ll learn to:
- Facilitate healthy family interactions and foster positive communication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the psychological, social, and spiritual aspects of healthy relationships.
- Effectively apply family life education theories and principles to plan, implement, and evaluate programs for individuals and families.
We’re Committed to Your Success
In the 2021 SkillSurvey Career Readiness® rankings, CSP Global was ranked in the Top 10 “Career Ready” Institutions and Top 10 “Career Ready” Feedback for First-Generation College Students. The SkillSurvey rankings reflect over 170 partner institutions whose students received evaluator ratings following an internship, co-op, or other work-related experience.
Support Beyond Your Graduation Date
In addition to the high-quality education you’ll receive at CSP Global, you’ll benefit from a wide range of support during your time as a student that will extend throughout your professional journey as an alumnus. That’s part of how 94.5% of CSP Global graduates receive job offers within one year of graduation.