Learn At Home
Faster, Easier, Simple, Affordable
M.A. in Education - Early Childhood Education
Online Degree Program
Professional practices in the field of early childhood education focus on strategies and best practices rooted in theory and philosophy supported by research. Students in this program will interpret, evaluate and apply research and theory related to all areas of early childhood education. Courses in this program address the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) standards for advanced professional preparation which include:
- Promoting child development and learning
- Building family and community relationships
- Observing, documenting and assessing to support young children and families
- Effective approaches to teaching and learning
- Growing as a professional
Master of Arts in Education - Early Childhood Education is a non-licensure teaching program.
- Convenience: Flexibility is essential for students who manage a busy work schedule and personal commitments. The online program at Concordia is proud to offer its students the opportunity to earn an education at their own convenience.
- Degree Prestige and Value: Since 1893, Concordia University, St. Paul has provided students with an education rooted in the liberal arts. Concordia graduates are ethics-oriented, people-focused, quality-driven and future-directed.
- Quality Education: Concordia University, St. Paul believes in utilizing highly skilled and experienced instructors. Thus, students can be confident that they receive the highest quality education.
- ECE521 Topics and Research in Early Education
- ECE520 Effective Research Writing
- ECE526 Curriculum and Instruction in Early Childhood Education
- ECE527 Observation and Assessment in Early Childhood Education
- ECE522 Play: Theoretical Foundations and Applications
- ECE544 Language Development and Emergent Literacy
- ECE541 The Diverse Classroom
- ED582 Ethics in Early Childhood
- ECE576 Methods in Early Childhood Programming
- ED539 Legal and Legislative Issues
- ECE577 eFolio & Completion
Concordia offers competitively priced programs and generous financial aid packages, giving you a private college education at a price you can afford.
Concordia University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Concordia University, St. Paul has been accredited since 1967, with the most recent reaccreditation granted in 2008.