Learn At Home
Faster, Easier, Simple, Affordable
B.A. in Child Development
Online Degree Program
Students will learn developmentally appropriate practices and focus on advocacy and leadership in the field of early education. Program courses address the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) standards for initial professional preparation. Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Articulate the theories in the field of early education that support best practices.
- Explain major developmental theories of early childhood education.
- Define developmentally appropriate practices.
- Articulate the role of families as the primary teachers, caregivers and models in the lives of young children.
- Create inclusive and effective learning environments for young children.
- Develop a framework for making ethical decisions as an early childhood professional.
- Convenience: Flexibility is essential for students who manage a busy work schedule and personal commitments. The online program at Concordia is proud to offer its students the opportunity to earn an education at their own convenience.
- Degree Prestige and Value: Since 1893, Concordia University, St. Paul has provided students with an education rooted in the liberal arts. Concordia graduates are ethics-oriented, people-focused, quality-driven and future-directed.
- Quality Education: Concordia University, St. Paul believes in utilizing highly skilled and experienced instructors. Thus, students can be confident that they receive the highest quality education.
- CHD400 Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- CHD402 Writing for Educators
- CHD410 Growth and Development of Children
- CHD411 Social and Emotional Growth of Children
- CHD422 Human Diversity and Relations
- CHD435 Developmentally Appropriate Practices in Early Childhood Education
- CHD440 Children’s Play and Learning
- CHD461 Ethics in Early Childhood
- CHD430 Infants and Toddlers
- CHD445 Language Development and Emergent Literacy
- CHD450 Children’s Literature
- CHD451 Dual Language Learners
- CHD482 Young Child with Special Needs
- CHD490 Portfolio and Synthesis
Concordia offers competitively priced programs and generous financial aid packages, giving you a private college education at a price you can afford.
Concordia University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Concordia University, St. Paul has been accredited since 1967, with the most recent reaccreditation granted in 2008.