MBA Tools for Online StudentsPosted November 13, 2014 | By csponline
MBA programs are traditionally the most popular postgraduate degree in the world, but they can be one of the most rigorous programs. As you work on building your business knowledge and developing your skills, you’ll be completing advanced coursework that might seem intimidating. However, online MBA options are great for allowing you to get the education you want on your own schedule. So if you are feeling apprehensive about pursuing your MBA, let us help put your mind at ease. We’ve put together some MBA tools that are helpful specifically for online students like you. Read on to find out how you can make your MBA education at Concordia as stress free and successful as possible.
The most important step when preparing to begin your MBA program is figuring out how to pay for it. Although there are not as many graduate business scholarships available as there are for undergraduate students, those that are out there are usually valuable and respected. And you’ll be glad to know that online and distance learning students have essentially the same scholarship eligibility as traditional students do. This means that, as an online student at Concordia, you can apply for most of the MBA scholarships you come across. Here are some of your options when it comes to funding your MBA degree.
- Concordia Partnership Advantage: This program gives employers the chance to work directly with us at Concordia. It offers employees or members of partnering organizations a $2,000 tuition discount and priority admission status. The Partnership Advantage applies to any accelerated undergraduate or graduate degree program at Concordia, so MBA students can take advantage of thus opportunity.
- The Richard Metzler and Roland Berger Scholarships: These awards are offered through the Association of Management Consulting Firms. They are intended to highlight the important role that today’s students will play in tomorrow’s business world. Applicants should exhibit leadership, academic excellence and citizenship.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Educational Advancement Foundation, Inc.: These scholarships are awarded yearly to students who have completed at least one full year of college, post-secondary education or training.
- Daniel B. Goldberg Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to graduate students who are enrolled in full-time study. Applicants should be preparing for a career in state and local government finance. This award is funded by the Government Finance Officers Association and the Girard Miller Foundation.
- Price Institute for Entrepreneurial Research: This scholarship is awarded by the Lester Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Applicants should be interested in an entrepreneurial career and have at least one year of study remaining in their MBA degree.
As an online MBA student, convenience and flexibility in learning is probably important to you. There are an impressive variety of mobile apps that are designed with students like you in mind. Distance learning solutions and online tools are a great way to ensure that you can study no matter where you are. Your phone, tablet and laptop are vital components of your online education — add these apps to help you prepare for a tech-savvy workplace as well.
- Pocket MBA: This app combines a business reference book, test materials and flashcards to provide you with a comprehensive business learning tool. Keep core MBA information with you at all times and learn in an interactive way.
- Numbers: This app is all about spreadsheets. Numbers is one of the best mobile spreadsheet apps out there because it allows you to make spreadsheets, tables, graphs and charts quickly and easily. You can enter data and analyze results while staying synced with iCloud so that all your devices are updated automatically as you add new information.
- Instapaper: This app is a great way to save articles to read later. It allows you to access the content you save both on and offline. Keep track of important business news pieces and developments with this mobile-optimized tool.
- iTunes U: This app lets you access courses and textbooks through your mobile Apple device. This includes watching videos and listening to lectures, reading e-books and viewing presentations. You can also use iTunes U to access education content from top sources.
- Khan Academy: This app includes almost 100 specifically targeted GMAT videos. Other content includes topics like economics, credit, finance, currency, banking, investing, venture capital and capital markets.
Concordia Online Student Resources
At Concordia, we have resources specifically for our online students as well. Our website and blog are two great places to start, but we also give you access to other tools to help make your MBA education a success. Check out the following links and explore what online resources are available to you as a CSP student.
- Course access: We use Blackboard to deliver the course materials for our online courses. You can log in to Blackboard before your classes officially start, but you can only access courses starting on the first day of class. We also offer a tutorial to help you get acquainted with Blackboard.
- Course catalog: You’ll find descriptions of all CSP courses and majors here. This is a particularly useful resource when you register for classes.
- Bookstore: You can buy or rent books, as well as purchase supplies and CSP merchandise here.
- Registrar’s Office: This office provides registration services, evaluates transfer credits, prepares degree audits and issues diplomas and transcripts. The Office of the Registrar also maintains student academic records.
- Library: This essential tool for your success provides access to information in both traditional and digital formats. It also provides you with access to research databases and references.
Use these resources throughout your online MBA program with us. Refer back to this guide as you research scholarships, enroll in courses, complete coursework and register for classes. Though our lists of scholarships and apps are not exhaustive, they’re a great place to start your search. Providing you with the resources you need for MBA success is important to us. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.