Concordia University, St. Paul online provides an affordable educational choice for adult learners. Concordia online offers program credits at a competitive rate.
- Apply Online
- Hold a current Minnesota* nursing license
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher in previous nursing coursework
- Final and official transcripts from all previous institutions attended – If you have attended a MNSCU college or university we also ask that you provide an official accompanying DARS or MnTC goal area worksheet. Concordia accepts completed goal areas.
- Personal Statement
- The statement should fall between 400 and 700 words.
- Statement must include introduction, body, conclusion and transitional statements between topics.
- Do not incorporate any other work requiring citation or referencing. Statement should be reflective of you and original.
- Explain, in detail, what has led you to become a nurse.
- State your professional nursing practice experience in your current role and discuss your professional goals, including your ideal position.
- Share how you feel Concordia University, St. Paul will help you meet your professional goals.
- Submit verification of current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse. Applicant should not be on probation and must report any past or current disciplinary action taken by a State Board.**
*If nursing license is from a state outside of MN, contact your enrollment counselor for additional information.
** If you currently hold an encumbered nursing license, please contact your Enrollment Counselor for more information
120 credits need to be completed to earn bachelor’s degree
The RN to BSN program requires successful completion of course field experiences called practice experiences. These experiences entail taking the coursework out of the online classroom and into a practice setting where course concepts are applied and experience from a broader perspective is gained with the assistance of a qualified preceptor you identify. You and your preceptor collaborate on evidence-based practice issues in the practice setting as well as identified population needs within a community. Your practice experience is something to be proud of – it’s the culmination of what you have learned and developed to apply to a real-world situation. So, go ahead, show everyone what you can do!
Students enrolling in an adult undergraduate program must have access to a computer that meets Concordia University’s technology requirements. Contact Concordia’s Help Desk at email@example.com or (651) 641-8866 with any questions regarding these requirements.